Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Saturday's Ortho appt.....a mixed bag of news
zd80 (50.32.200.---)   11:00am Jun 30 2019

Yeah it certainly does:(:(. I was SOOOO hoping for a short cast this time. I guess in fairness, when I went in to get my very first cast, she did say, " I should expect to spend at least the next 6 weeks or so in a long cast" . It's probably my own fault for getting my hopes up so much as soon as the 6 weeks were up. But who wouldn't be excited about getting out of a full leg cast!? I'm without a doubt disappointed. But my leg IS healing, and she DID say it is nothing out of the ordinary for tibia fractures to take a little bit longer, especially with "conservative" treatment. She's very pleased with how the x-rays looked and as long as she is happy with the way everything is going....I guess I will be too. I just want to heal fully, and correctly, the first time so I don't have any problems down the road. I've already kind of "come to grips " with the disappointment of getting another full leg cast, but at least I can start "walking" kind of with it?? Altough, I have yet to try it. The ortho said it may be a little sore for a few days due to them having to manipulate my leg again for this cast. At this point, as long as I'm off the crutches, and hopefully ( fingers crossed) out of any kind of "hard cast" by the last week in August....I'll be ok with that!! ANYTHING beyond that would be a serious disappointment! We've been renting a really sweet beach house on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina during the first week in September for many years now. I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, don't want to be in a hard cast or even worse, still messing around with crutches in any capacity by that time!! I LOVE the beach and the ocean, and so look forward to going down there each year.

5/7/19- suffered fractured ankle, grade 2 high ankle sprain, and fractured tibia. Full leg backslab splint.
5/17/19- 1st ortho appt. No surgery, fiberglass LLC NWB
6/1/19- 2nd LLC NWB
6/29/19- LLWC applied minimal WB
7/20/19- SLC applied

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Saturday's Ortho appt.....a mixed bag of news  new
zd80  6:40am Jun 30 2019
 Re: Saturday's Ortho appt.....a mixed bag of news  new
WB  7:44am Jun 30 2019
zd80  11:00am Jun 30 2019
WB  7:49am Jul 7 2019
zd80  4:36pm Jul 9 2019
WB  8:46pm Jul 9 2019
zd80  3:38am Jul 10 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 September 2019