Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Anxious about next Monday
Sarahfx    8:44pm Jul 31 2019

I broke both my legs badly in an auto accident last week. I am now in bed flat on my back with traction weights pulling on them. I was told that by Monday they will be ready to put me in a cast and take away the weights. I'm not clear on what comes next; the nurse just described an awful sounding cast that will go from my bra line to my toes. She said it will be really weird feeling at first, but that after a while I will get used to it. Whatever that means . Owing to the severity of my breaks she said I should expect to be in the cast for quite a while. When I pressed her she said she would not be surprised if it took twelve weeks or so. The only good news is that she says the casting will not be painful as they will be giving me a nerve block before they cast me.. Would love to hear from anyone who knows what I am in for.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Anxious about next Monday  new
Sarahfx  8:44pm Jul 31 2019
 Re: Anxious about next Monday  new
Kate B  8:37am Aug 1 2019
Sarahfx  2:09pm Aug 1 2019
Pebbles  10:06pm Aug 1 2019
Pebbles  10:16pm Aug 1 2019
Michael.B  5:21pm Aug 2 2019
Sarahfx  5:31pm Aug 2 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 August 2019