Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Hardware removal - operation and recovery
Nicola Stan    12:43pm Aug 6 2019

Hi Agata,

I'm sorry you are experiencing pain...it's so tuff sometimes isn't it :-( It's a topsy turvy world - when you need to get fit, you work out, work out harder and for more time and hay presto...you are fitter!!!!!! With my break, I have walked, walked, PT, swum and....my leg decides when and how it heals...it's got a mind of its own and I have to respect that and have. I understand that breaks can take a few years to heal, healing is not linear - it gets better and worse and better ect ect. I've been patient, I've accepted, I've been sad, frustrated and now I feel emotionally nothing - which is liberating in itself!!! My op is planned for next week, I am not worried, not scared, I'm non emotional - it will be what it will be... I'm hoping that removing the plate and screws will relieve pain in my ankle and leg and soft tissues, I'm hoping to escalate from this 'plateau' stage - a stage of nothingness, sort of like a desert. No more fitness, no more worrying, a stage of nothingness!!!!!!!! Bless your heart Agata x x x What stage are you at? I fooled myself at month 7 - 9, pushed myself and tried to prove myself, but came to the conclusion that everything I did in this period only hurt me and my leg - I couldn't get it better, the pain from my hardware was causing me pain and it needed sorting, so I mentioned to my doctor and physio and they recommended removal. Who knows if this will work? I know it's going to be another year (if at all!!!) until I resume my life back - I'm forgetting what my life was like, I can't remember being pain free now. But I am different, I like myself a lot now, I make myself laugh a lot now and I care for people more and have more empathy. I do not worry as I am empty on the emotions side just now. I can't see a future with my leg at the moment - I'm hoping that this is just another stage.

Don't push your leg Agata, rest is just as good, I'm pleased that you have good experience with your ankle, your patience and persistence paid off :-) :-) I returned to work month 9 and for me this was the right time - I couldn't even think about working prior to this - your body and mind will tell you when the time is right.

It's Persiods week in the uk - tons of shooting stars and we are having a Persiods party - staying up all night star gazing...hahah.....all of the seeds have produced food or flowers - hahaha....It's all go in the garden, I hope it will be all go with my leg also...

Thank you for asking and of course I will keep you updated!!!!!!!

Keep the faith, ride the ups and downs....and now.....drive through the 'desert' of nothingness.....here's to finding the oasis soon!!!!!!!!

x x x Nicky x x x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Hardware removal - operation and recovery  new
Nicola Stan  4:11am Jun 23 2019
 Re: Hardware removal - operation and recovery  new
Embonious  8:42am Jul 13 2019
Nicola Stan  2:25pm Jul 17 2019
Jacky  5:52am Jul 28 2019
Nicola Stan  12:09am Jul 29 2019
vanessafromfrance  12:44pm Jul 14 2019
Embonious  11:45am Jul 16 2019
Nicola Stan  2:24pm Jul 17 2019
Agata Gadek  8:59am Aug 6 2019
Nicola Stan  12:43pm Aug 6 2019
Agata Gadek  4:12pm Aug 6 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 August 2019