Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Not great news
Nicola Stan    9:03am Aug 7 2019

Hello Annette,

I am here to give you positive vibes at a truly awful and crushing time. I too showed no signs of healing - right up until month 4, each and every time I went to the hospital I was told my leg was not healing - I was told the tibia can be a 'slow healer'. The doctor also said that x-rays sometimes do not show all healing, my CT scan showed much more. I wasn't offered a bone simulator machine at all, just told to be patient, my doctor didn't seem to worry. Come the 4 month mark I was a bag of nerves and jumped for absolute joy when doc said my bone had healed 40%...that was the mark of weight bearing, learning to walk again, go outside and be independent....all heals are different, it depends where your break is, age, diet and human make-up - god knows!! I know my leg heals in its own sweet time....I remember at this time I became really really focused on keeping my mind active with different activities, planning things I could do and achieve - small things like cooking from my wheelchair, planning for xmas was a fab time, I learned to think about the here and now, live for the here and now and stop worrying for the future - I just could not think about walking ect ect. I stopped mourning from my old life and concentrated on the current - I also started really concentrating on my garden - I haven't a big one, but I noticed birds, butterflies and home grown tomatoes gave me such pleasure - simple but it kept me sane, really sane. I also thought of my leg as a line - bottom is broke, top is fixed - I knew I would get there somehow, but that line was never straight, it kept going upwards and downwards - sometimes for weeks on end. The highs were amazing, the lows not so good. I mean if I can come out of the other end ok, I bet you can :-) keep busy in your brain and please try not to think too far ahead - and this is not easy for me to say at all!!!!! Best o luck for the next few hours / days / weeks.

Nicky x x x x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Not great news  new
Annette T  8:07am Aug 7 2019
 Re: Not great news  new
Nicola Stan  9:03am Aug 7 2019
Annette T  11:41am Aug 7 2019
Nicola Stan  12:48pm Aug 7 2019
Annette T  2:47pm Aug 7 2019
Nicola Stan  3:02am Aug 8 2019
Annette T  10:12am Aug 8 2019
SMM  9:04pm Aug 7 2019
Annette T  10:26am Aug 8 2019
Michael.B  11:13am Aug 8 2019
Annette T  12:42pm Aug 8 2019
Michael.B  2:09pm Aug 8 2019
Nicola Stan  2:43am Aug 9 2019
SMM  8:21am Aug 9 2019
Annette T  9:39am Aug 9 2019
missolmoreno  6:11pm Aug 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
15 December 2019