Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

New full leg cast and feeling philosophical
Michael.B (62.60.63.---)   4:35am Aug 10 2019

I had visit fracture clinic again as the temporary splint they put me in was awful as it didnít support my leg at all. They put me in a complete full leg plaster cast which although big and bulky at least feels more supportive.
I learned some more about the surgery Iím due to have:
With my Achilles is relatively straightforward, theyíll basically sew it together.
My torn gastrocnemius muscle is a little trickier: if itís detached from my femur they may need to do a bone graft as well as repairing the torn muscle.
Afterwards a temporary splint for 10 days, then stitches out and a period of 10-12 weeks in a full leg cast with my knee in a bent position for the gastrocnemius to heal and my foot set with toes pointed down. Then short cast or boot.
After the initial shock of the new of needing an operation Iíve become philosophical about it - thereís not a lot I can do about it so itís a matter of acceptance even though this is quite hard it times.
To all of you experiencing setbacks on your healing - I get it, and hopefully youíll turn the corner very soon.

23rd April ruptured achilles left leg. Temporary plaster splint (full leg equinus)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

New full leg cast and feeling philosophical  new
Michael.B  4:35am Aug 10 2019
 Re: New full leg cast and feeling philosophical  new
Annette T  8:08am Aug 12 2019
 Re: New full leg cast and feeling philosophical  new
Nicola Stan  9:41am Aug 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 August 2019