Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

One day of college
Katie T.    1:18pm Aug 20 2019

So last Monday I began my freshman studies week at college. That night I went with my roommate (also my best friend form high school) to the grocery store. We were on our way back and had one more intersection to go through, the light was green. I was in the front passenger seat looking at my phone so I never saw the car pull in front of us, I just heard the crash and felt myself flying forward against the seatbelt. When the car stopped spinning I tried to move and realized my legs were pinned. I knew I was hurt but I couldn’t see how bad. Rachel, my friend who was driving was fine but started crying hysterically when she looked at me. Everything was just a blur until I was on the stretcher in the ambulance.

At the hospital I was told that I had 3 tib/fib fractures in my left leg and 5 tib/fib fractures in my right leg. My surgery was that next morning, plates and screws. I stayed in the hospital for the next four days. Before I left they put both of my legs in plaster casts from my toes to my hips. I am staying with my sister until I recover and who knows how long that will be. The only time line I have is my next ortho appointment in two weeks. I medically withdrew from school yesterday so I am pretty bummed about everything now. I am so freaking bored and i so tired of being in bed. Anyway, I know I am just getting started on recovery but it is so hard to have a good attitude right now. Any advice would be appreciated🙂

By the way, my email is katiety2000@outlook.com if anyone want to talk...believe me, I have time😕😂

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

One day of college  new
Katie T.  1:18pm Aug 20 2019
 Re: One day of college  new
Annette T  2:16pm Aug 20 2019
Katie T.  2:37pm Aug 20 2019
missolmoreno  3:19pm Aug 20 2019
Katie T.  3:34pm Aug 20 2019
Nicola Stan  3:48am Aug 21 2019
Katie T.  8:25am Aug 21 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 September 2019