Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

hardware pain- IM nail and screws
Embonious    3:25am Aug 28 2019

Hi all, long time no see :)
I am approaching a year since my fracture and surgery, waiting for the all clear from the doc and subsequent scheduling of my hardware removal. I'm frustrated with my hardware, particularly screws in my upper tib. Both today and last Wednesday I've had to stay home due to prohibitive pain- unfortunately my job location means a walk up a hill, plus being at work while in pain isn't very productive. Luckily I can do home office without many issues.
The pain is mainly around my upper 2 tib screws that hold the IM nail in place below my knee. I also feel my ankle screws (I have 3, 2 on the side and one in the front) quite often, but more of a discomfort than pain. I'm frustrated as I'm nearly a year post fracture (Sept. 14th is my fracturversary) and the closer I get to full healing, the more I see that a major issue is my hardware. I will get it out, but I feel anxiety about how much it will continue to inhibit my life, especially related to my job. I s'pose I really just want to hear other people's thoughts- I know I will get through it and it's ok in the grand scheme of things- I'll certainly take this over the first months of crutches and careful pillow arrangements for optimal leg propping- but some days it's just a kick in the privates after dealing with it for this long.

14 Sept 2018- hit by car, compound open tib/fib fracture etc, emergency surgery IM nail + screws
19 Sept 2018- released from hospital, NWB
04 Dec 2018- allowed 30%, working towards 100% WB indoors
18 Feb 2019- First steps!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

hardware pain- IM nail and screws  new
Embonious  3:25am Aug 28 2019
 Re: hardware pain- IM nail and screws  new
Nicola Stan  7:52am Aug 29 2019
Embonious  1:26pm Aug 29 2019
Nicola Stan  3:16am Aug 30 2019
missolmoreno  10:00am Aug 29 2019
missolmoreno  10:28am Aug 29 2019
Embonious  1:31pm Aug 29 2019
missolmoreno  5:38pm Aug 29 2019
Petros  3:57pm Aug 29 2019
Embonious  3:04am Aug 30 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
15 December 2019