Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: hardware pain- IM nail and screws
Embonious    1:26pm Aug 29 2019

Hi Nicky, that's so great to hear you're doing so well this quickly post op! I am so looking forward to my removal (not the surgery, but the feeling of freedom at last). I'm not sure if I can have my hardware removed before a complete heal, but I also don't know if that makes any difference. I will definitely ask my doc next appointment. I'm very hopeful that my next x-ray will show a full heal, or close to it! It's tough at times, and I actually think of you when I'm struggling to motivate myself to move about during the day- knowing that you went at it with such determination and discipline is helpful. I've definitely gotten better at finding the balance between not moving and overdoing it. As an all or nothing person, I find moderation a difficult mindset to adopt.
I'm shocked the plate was sharp like a knife- no wonder you were experiencing such pain. I am glad I don't have plates, because the screws are clearly the most irritating for me, and a plate is just that x1000. The rod inside my tibia only bothers me around the knee and possibly ankle,, unless that's just screws, where it's close to the joint, but otherwise it seems pretty benign.
Anyway, thanks for your encouragement as always, and I am so glad to hear that things are finally looking up in a more steady and predictable way for you! What a slog this past year has been :)

14 Sept 2018- hit by car, compound open tib/fib fracture, emergency surgery IM nail + 5 screws
19 Sept 2018- released from hospital, NWB
22 Oct 2018- allowed max 30% PWB
04 Dec 2018- working towards 100% WB indoors
18 Feb 2019- First steps!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

hardware pain- IM nail and screws  new
Embonious  3:25am Aug 28 2019
 Re: hardware pain- IM nail and screws  new
Nicola Stan  7:52am Aug 29 2019
Embonious  1:26pm Aug 29 2019
Nicola Stan  3:16am Aug 30 2019
missolmoreno  10:00am Aug 29 2019
missolmoreno  10:28am Aug 29 2019
Embonious  1:31pm Aug 29 2019
missolmoreno  5:38pm Aug 29 2019
Petros  3:57pm Aug 29 2019
Embonious  3:04am Aug 30 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 September 2019