Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Fracture clinic - I chose red for my cast!
Michael.B    6:18am Aug 30 2019

Hi all - just a quick update:
I had my fracture clinic appointment on Tuesday and had the stitches out from the two wounds at the operation sites.
My leg is so so thin now - Iíve lost all muscle tone and lord knows how Iíll ever get it back but thatís for another day.
Iím in a full leg cast now and I finally think Iím healing after months of uncertainty.
They used reinforcing plaster slabs at my knee and ankle for stability and to ensure no movement in these joints where the repairs to my tendon and gastrocnemius muscle have taken place.
The majority of the cast is fibreglass and I chose RED as it was the brightest colour to pick I thought! The cast starts at my toes set pointing at the floor and finishes at my groin. I have this for 6 weeks before a final full leg cast for another month- they told me this is for my gastrocnemius muscle and of it was just my Achilles Iíd get away with a walking boot or shorter cast at this point but they still need to immobilise my knee for the gastrocnemius to heal. Such is life.
I think hopefully this is the real beginning of my leg healing.

23rd April ruptured achilles left leg. Temporary plaster splint (full leg equinus)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic - I chose red for my cast!  new
Michael.B  6:18am Aug 30 2019
 Re: Fracture clinic - I chose red for my cast!  new
Nicola Stan  7:16am Aug 30 2019
missolmoreno  9:29am Aug 30 2019
Annette T  11:25am Aug 30 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 September 2019