Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Weight-Bearing
TDH    5:24pm Sep 2 2019

I am approx 14 weeks out from my injury. Bimalleolar fx with dislocation. I am at 50% weight bearing now and it is extremely painful. It isn’t just “sore”. The pain is pretty bad. I know everyone is not “textbook” and I had a previous trimalleolar on this ankle , but I really feel that I should not have so much pain. I saw the PA last week and she handed me an Aircast ankle brace and told me to start using it around the house. I tried and could not use it all all due to weakness and pain. So, took it to my PT who told me to put the brace away. She was nice and said the PA may not have understood where I am now (50% with both crutches).

I know it’s been 9 years since my previous injury so it’s hard to remember it well, but I don’t recall so much pain with the PWB. Both the Dr and PT act like it is to be expected. The pain is enough to keep me awake at night it I do it within a few hours of bedtime. (And I no longer have the pain meds.) Is this normal? Any advice or suggestions?

6/17/19 Bimalleolar Fracture with dislocation-ORIF (Right ankle)
12/17/10 Trimalleolar Fracture with dislocation-ORIF (Right ankle)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Weight-Bearing  new
TDH  5:24pm Sep 2 2019
 Re: Weight-Bearing  new
missolmoreno  12:10am Sep 3 2019
Embonious  5:39am Sep 6 2019
Kathryn Frey  11:55am Sep 6 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 September 2019