Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Weight-Bearing
Embonious    5:39am Sep 6 2019

I didn't experience pain significant enough to keep me awake at night when PWB. The advice I got was pushing to pain, but not through- basically some pain is obviously expected, but if it got bad I was advised rest and elevation.
However, I have an IM nail (rod is inside the tibia from knee to ankle that stabilizes the fractures) so my hardware helps with the load pretty significantly.
One thing that was helpful for me for PWB was stepping on a scale to really understand how much weight I was putting on there (maybe this is obvious but still want to put it out there). It took me quite awhile to work up to my allowed limits- I didn't just start doing full on 30% the same day I was given permission.
Anyway, best of luck to you for a speedy recovery!

14 Sept 2018- hit by car, compound open tib/fib fracture, emergency surgery IM nail + 5 screws
19 Sept 2018- released from hospital, NWB
22 Oct 2018- allowed max 30% PWB
04 Dec 2018- working towards 100% WB indoors
18 Feb 2019- First steps!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Weight-Bearing  new
TDH  5:24pm Sep 2 2019
 Re: Weight-Bearing  new
missolmoreno  12:10am Sep 3 2019
Embonious  5:39am Sep 6 2019
Kathryn Frey  11:55am Sep 6 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 September 2019