Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Trimalleolar
Kathryn Frey    11:49am Sep 6 2019

On August 4th, I tripped and sustained a trimalleolar fracture with dislocation. After several attempts by two physicians, a third physician physician did surgery by placing an external fixator to hold my ankle in place. For ten days I had the external fixator. I had my second surgery on August 14th, an ORIF which resulted in a eight screw plate stabilizing the spiral fracture of my tibia. I was given a soft splint and two weeks later moved to a cam boot and my stitches removed.

I continue to be non-weight bearing. I do a lot of RICE during the day and that seems to keep the pain tolerable. At night no matter what I can't take the pain without resorting to the prescription the physician gave me (which I prefer not to take, but Tylenol and ibuprofen don't do much of anything to alleviate the pain). The doctor said everything is healing well, so I fathom the pain would begin to ease. How long after surgery, or how far into the healing process did your pain begin to alleviate? I'd like to think I have a high tolerance of pain, but I'm afraid that I'm attempting to be stoic (it's the nurse in me), and perhaps not addressing it properly.

Thank you for taking time to read!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Trimalleolar  new
Kathryn Frey  11:49am Sep 6 2019
 Re: Trimalleolar  new
Annette T  1:48pm Sep 6 2019
Kathryn Frey  2:39pm Sep 6 2019
Nicola Stan  4:04am Sep 7 2019
Annette T  6:13am Sep 9 2019
missolmoreno  10:54pm Sep 7 2019
Annette T  6:07am Sep 9 2019
missolmoreno  5:18am Sep 7 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 September 2019