Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: I知 a college student that just got a full leg cast... help!!!
Annette T    6:35am Sep 18 2019

Hi Marisa,
So sorry to hear about your break. I also broke my tibia and also my fibula 13 weeks ago and it's been an awful journey for me. Sounds like you didn't need surgery? I didn't have surgery either and I'm still not walking on my leg. My bones aren't healing though. You are younger than me so hopefully that won't be an issue for you.

I have a knee scooter I purchased from Amazon for $100. I only use it in my house to get around and be able to use my hands. They have more expensive ones that can be used outside with better tires. You might be able to rent one or try and get one through your insurance company? It makes life a little easier but you have to go slow and take your time on the scooters. I've heard of people falling. Of course you are in a long leg cast...so if you can't bend your knee the knee scooter might not help...something to look into though.

I also have to get a cast protector to use to cover my leg so I could sit in the shower and bath. You could also use a trash bag and tie it tight at the top so no water can get in. Or sponge baths for now!

As far as people staring, that is ridiculous. You broke your leg you don't have a disease! Let them stare and just focus on you and getting better. Do you have any friends on campus that can help?

There is a another college student on here Katie T. You might want to reach out to her and see how she is coping. She hasn't posted in a while.

My advice is that you have a long road ahead. I've never broken a bone either and I had and still have no idea what I'm in for. Just take things one day at a time and cherish the little victories you have every day. Rest and give yourself time to heal too. Every body is different and every break is different. No two stories are alike. Type on here and we will be there for you.

Good luck,
Annette

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

I知 a college student that just got a full leg cast... help!!!  new
MarisaScott98  3:15pm Sep 17 2019
 Re: I知 a college student that just got a full leg cast... help!!!  new
Annette T  6:35am Sep 18 2019
Cindy.  7:44pm Sep 20 2019
Cindy.  8:06pm Sep 20 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 October 2019