Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Keeping in touch
Pauline M Hall    6:58am Sep 19 2019

Hi Annette. Sorry you are feeling discouraged but I quite understand. The broken leg odyssey can be an incredibly frustrating and difficult one. I was still in a succession of casts at 12 weeks but did progress to the boot eventually. If you are told you are still not healing at your next apt, it might be worth asking for a CT scan rather than the usual X ray assessment. CT shows more detail and it was that that eventually showed my consultant that I was in fact knitting together!
A good diet and patience is recommended. There is a machine, called exogen that can apparently speed things up. It could be worth asking about that too but, at 12 weeks, you certainly shouldn't give up hope. Bones can take ages to heal, depending on the individual, your age, your general health status, the type of injury and the severity of it. Please keep positive and do keep me informed.

20 weeks with broken tib /fib! Slow healing. Casts (5)
Week 26 Tibia healed 50% aircast
Week 33 Tibia 95% healed so boot outdoors and cane no boot indoors
Wk 36 Start PT
Week 39 Ditch boot.
Wk 43 Driving and normal trainers
Wk 46 Discharged

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Keeping in touch  new
Pauline M Hall  3:13pm Sep 17 2019
 Re: Keeping in touch  new
Annette T  6:21am Sep 18 2019
Pauline M Hall  6:58am Sep 19 2019
Annette T  6:17am Sep 20 2019
Pauline M Hall  5:56am Sep 21 2019
meddian  9:49am Sep 21 2019
Annette T  9:09am Sep 23 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 October 2019