Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: I知 a college student that just got a full leg cast... help!!!
Cindy.    7:44pm Sep 20 2019

Hi Marisa. Sorry to hear what you're going through. I broke my fractured my tibia and fibula and had surgery 10 years ago. Since then, I've had several friends break their leg. It seems that the ones who had surgery healed faster than those that didn't have surgery. One friend was non-weightbearing for at least 2 months. Yikes! She didn't have surgery. I was non-weightbearing for 4-5 weeks. And my cast was just below the knee. I remember when I was a kid my mom broke her leg and had a cast to her upper thigh. She had a really hard time getting around until she was able to get a cast up to her knee. She had it much more difficult than I did.

Read through the website. There are a lot of great stories on how people dealt with their situations. You'll find a lot of great advice.

You might need to rent or borrow a wheelchair. Would it be easier to take a quarter off from school? Or could you take online courses this quarter? Getting out and about is a hassle.

While I was wearing a cast, I took sponge baths and washed my hair in the bathroom sink. I didn't bother with a shower. Another thing... put your leg up higher than your heart as much as possible, and especially while you sleep. It's supposed to help with healing. Either use a ton of pillows or you can buy big leg pillows online. For the time I was in a cast, I slept in a lazyboy chair. I could get my leg above my heart with just a couple of pillows.

Good luck! Cindy

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

I知 a college student that just got a full leg cast... help!!!  new
MarisaScott98  3:15pm Sep 17 2019
 Re: I知 a college student that just got a full leg cast... help!!!  new
Annette T  6:35am Sep 18 2019
Cindy.  7:44pm Sep 20 2019
Cindy.  8:06pm Sep 20 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 October 2019