Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Second time around
Annette T    1:03pm Sep 24 2019

Hello Genez,

So sorry to hear about your second broken ankle. Gosh I can't even imagine that especially since I'm still dealing with my first broken leg (tibia and fibula). I've been NWB for 14 weeks...no joke this injury.

I actually have an office job and I've really been working since my injury. First from home and then a few hours in the office and now every day. I didn't need surgery though and I need to work, so here I am. Besides I would have gone absolutely crazy by now if not for my job.

Maybe now is the time to try something new though?

I did purchase a knee scooter from Amazon. It was $100 and I use it mainly around the house. I know they have scooters with outside tires for more money. It does make getting around the house easier and I have the use of both of my arms. I'm not great on crutches. But my good knee starts to hurt after a while, but otherwise it works for me.

My bones haven't shown any signs of healing yet. I recently got a bone stimulator and I'm trying everything under the sun to heal these bones. My doctor said the tibia is a slow healer and it's normal and not to worry. Hard not to worry since I haven't walked in 98 days but whose counting!

Good luck to you.

Annette

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Second time around  new
Genez  12:37pm Sep 24 2019
 Re: Second time around  new
Annette T  1:03pm Sep 24 2019
Nicola Stan  2:10pm Sep 24 2019
SMM  8:57pm Sep 24 2019
Genez  2:04pm Sep 25 2019
SMM  10:45am Sep 26 2019
Embonious  8:14am Sep 25 2019
Marlen  1:07am Sep 26 2019
Annette T  7:28am Sep 26 2019
Marlen  12:34pm Sep 26 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 October 2019