Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Second time around
Marlen    1:07am Sep 26 2019

I'm so sorry you're having to relive this experience. It's bad enough once, but twice. I'm new here. Have been lurking on and off for a few weeks. I broke my ankle for the first time in 46 years on June 30 and it's been very hard for me, but reading everyone's experiences, I know I am not alone. After my first doctor's appointment I ordered a scooter because it would cost more to rent. It's been a life savor, because I am very bad on the crutches, but if I had to do it again, I'd get a different scooter. I just got the cheapest one with a basket on Amazon. And it was great indoors, but I didn't realize how bad it would be outdoor or how often I had to go outside. You would have to think about how much you'd use it indoors or outdoors. I had to walk my dog while in it and would have gotten an all-terrain one. Make sure you get a thick cover for your seat and get a scooter with and adjustable seat that moves to the left or right. I didn't and I kept hitting the wheels with my foot. A basket is a must.

As far as work goes I'm a restaurant Server and as long as I can't walk, I can't work. I am on week 8 and I thought I was doing well, actually walked without assistance of a cane or crutch, but I had a set back today. My foot got really swollen and spent the day in bed with my foot elevated with ice. I realize that I need to take it easy and not rush it. I don't know if I'll be able to work like I did before and might need to find something new. It's a scary. I haven't been working, I have used up all my savings and I need to work, but I can't rush it.

July 30 closed fracture of left fibula
Aug 9 cam boot. NWB
Sept 12 can start bearing weight
Sept 26 FWB

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Second time around  new
Genez  12:37pm Sep 24 2019
 Re: Second time around  new
Annette T  1:03pm Sep 24 2019
Nicola Stan  2:10pm Sep 24 2019
SMM  8:57pm Sep 24 2019
Genez  2:04pm Sep 25 2019
SMM  10:45am Sep 26 2019
Embonious  8:14am Sep 25 2019
Marlen  1:07am Sep 26 2019
Annette T  7:28am Sep 26 2019
Marlen  12:34pm Sep 26 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 October 2019