Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Second time around
Marlen    12:34pm Sep 26 2019

Luckily I have been working at this restaurant for quite awhile and it is the slowest time of the year, so it's not imperative that I be there, but the season will start soon and I hope to be able to fit in my work shoe soon. My foot swells up if I'm on it for more than an hour. I need to increase that to 4 or 5 hours. Was hoping to start working next week, but I think I'm going to have wait until the week after. Oh how I wish I was in my 20's again. Being in my 40's, everything takes longer especially healing.

The GM will hold my job and if he said he couldn't then I can just pull the Family Medical Leave Act on him. Your job has to hold your job for at least 12 weeks due to injury or illness. I use to work in Human Resources. Good that knowledge came in handy.

It is what it is with the scooter. Even though it wasn't the best, it was way better than the crutches. You will sacrifice your knee if your not careful though. Along with the 1 1/2 inch padding I bought wasn't enough, so I also put one of those gardening knee pads on top and that saved my knee.

What's discouraging is that at 6 weeks my doctor said "ok, you can work now" and I'm like "uh, no" then he says "can't you just be a hostess for a bit?" And I'm like "I'd still have to walk!" He doesn't get it. Plus I have to do most of my own physical therapy. I have to pay out of pocket and running out of credit card space (I'm living on my credit cards which sucks because I had them mostly paid off...not anymore). I'm still going to PT, but not as much as I should be.

July 30 closed fracture of left fibula
Aug 9 cam boot. NWB
Sept 12 can start bearing weight
Sept 26 FWB

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Second time around  new
Genez  12:37pm Sep 24 2019
 Re: Second time around  new
Annette T  1:03pm Sep 24 2019
Nicola Stan  2:10pm Sep 24 2019
SMM  8:57pm Sep 24 2019
Genez  2:04pm Sep 25 2019
SMM  10:45am Sep 26 2019
Embonious  8:14am Sep 25 2019
Marlen  1:07am Sep 26 2019
Annette T  7:28am Sep 26 2019
Marlen  12:34pm Sep 26 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 October 2019