Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Bone that never Heals
Annette T    6:42am Oct 15 2019

Wow reading this with my upcoming surgery frightens the crap out of me. I am still deciding between the IM Rod or a plate and screws for my tibia break. Fibula needs plate and screws. Problem for me is my size and doctor feels the IM Rod is a better choice purely based on my small size and that my legs aren't extra meaty so to speak. But the IM Rod scares me - seems like there aren't too many success stories with people having them.

Why are you walking with pain? Is it because of the rod? I am 4 months out from my initial injury and the first OS doctor I saw said that the bones should heal on their own and that surgery wasn't needed. I have a spiral fracture of both bones, but the bone is still intact for the most part. No loose pieces or anything. I went for a second opinion and this doctor said that I need surgery to help the bones heal. Such a frustrating process that's for sure. All the while I haven't been walking on the bad leg.

I don't know what to do. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow morning and hope he gives me more information.

I think bones take a long time to heal...especially depending on the break and location.

Good luck to you Marina. Breaking one leg is bad enough, breaking two really sucks!

Keep the faith and one day soon this will all be behind us.

Annette
XOXO

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Bone that never Heals  new
Marina  3:21am Oct 15 2019
 Re: Bone that never Heals  new
Annette T  6:42am Oct 15 2019
Marina  5:10pm Oct 15 2019
Annette T  6:30am Oct 17 2019
missolmoreno  4:34pm Oct 17 2019
missolmoreno  4:32pm Oct 17 2019
Marina  7:40pm Oct 18 2019
SMM  12:43pm Oct 18 2019
Marina  7:42pm Oct 18 2019
SMM  11:13pm Oct 18 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2019