Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Bone that never Heals
Marina    5:10pm Oct 15 2019

Hello Annette,

Iím not 100% sure if the pain is caused by the rod, the break itself, or the bone infection. I had a lot of pain from the screw in my ankle and when that was removed the range of motion was 100% better, but the pain in the ankle joint was still there. At this point all I can do is wait, if the pain is from the break and infection, the antibiotics plus time should lessen it. If itís from the rod then having the rod removed, which I have to eventually because of the infection, should lessen the pain. Good thing is I am having both done eventually so hopefully that will allow me to walk without pain.

Good luck on your surgery, the surgery isnít bad, of course you have the pain from being sliced and diced, but that fades after a few days. The painful part is walking on it again, especially when you first walk on it all those nerves at the bottom of your foot have to wake back up and ugh, pins and needles. But Physical Therapy definitely does help get rid of that nerve pain. :)

The good thing about an IM Rod is you never have to worry about your leg collapsing on you. Their is a titanium rod holding your leg up, so no matter how healed or not healed your bone is you will still be able to walk because that rod gives tons of support. Pain sucks, but not being able to walk is worse, after the surgery you will be able to walk! :)

Praying for an easy surgery for you,
Marina

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Bone that never Heals  new
Marina  3:21am Oct 15 2019
 Re: Bone that never Heals  new
Annette T  6:42am Oct 15 2019
Marina  5:10pm Oct 15 2019
Annette T  6:30am Oct 17 2019
missolmoreno  4:34pm Oct 17 2019
missolmoreno  4:32pm Oct 17 2019
Marina  7:40pm Oct 18 2019
SMM  12:43pm Oct 18 2019
Marina  7:42pm Oct 18 2019
SMM  11:13pm Oct 18 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2019