Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: What kind of pain after pwb
Marina    7:51pm Oct 18 2019

Hell Ayse,

I have broken both my right and left leg (at different times), and pain once you begin bearing weight is completely normal. Not feeling any pain at all after being off a leg for months at a time is probably more abnormal.

The best advice I can give is just listen to your body, a little pain is fine, a LOT of pain is not. My Physical Therapist says that pushing yourself to a little pain is good, but if you start feeling a lot, back off, that is your body telling you youíre pushing past your body limit.

So keep working at putting weight on that leg, but take it slow so you donít have any setbacks. I had a friend who broke their leg, pushed themselves to walk too soon, fell and re-fractured their leg and had to re-start from step one. So listen to your pain and it will tell you how much your leg can handle. :)

Hope your walking soon!
Marina

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

What kind of pain after pwb  new
ayse  12:00am Oct 18 2019
 Re: What kind of pain after pwb  new
missolmoreno  12:12am Oct 18 2019
Embonious  9:37am Oct 18 2019
Marina  7:51pm Oct 18 2019
Genez  12:58pm Oct 21 2019
missolmoreno  4:25pm Oct 21 2019
Genez  5:56pm Oct 21 2019
missolmoreno  10:25pm Oct 21 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2019