Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Eight week update
Genez    12:45pm Oct 21 2019

I saw the OS today and it seems that everything is going well. The bone is healing and he said it looks good.

Still no weight bearing for me until December because of the torn ligament. I hadnít realized that was the issue until he explained it today. If not for the ligament, I could be PWB now. Iíve been cheating on the WB but I guess Iíd better stop that before I damage the ligament.

He gave me a letter to get out of jury duty in November. So weíll see if that flies. I think I should be let out of it since I canít drive. And getting around the courthouse would be hell. And even though the swelling is going down I couldnít go all day with my leg not elevated.

SoI should be back on my feet at the beginning of December, and driving by the 15th. Apparently theyíve done studies and it takes about two weeks before you can brake appropriately in an emergency.

I think myMom is coming for Xmas, so itís great that Iíll be able to drive and walk by then, but Iím afraid Iíll over do it. I may stick with the cam boot while sheís here. Plus I remember the pain when I started walking from last time, boot sounds good.😛

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Aug 31 slipped on water from dog bowl.
Sep 1 surgery ó one plate, seven screws plus syndesmotic screw.
No weight bearing for 12 weeks

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Eight week update  new
Genez  12:45pm Oct 21 2019
 Re: Eight week update  new
Annette T  1:05pm Oct 21 2019
Genez  3:27pm Oct 21 2019
Annette T  6:16am Oct 22 2019
Marina  2:52am Oct 24 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2019