Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Appointment at fracture clinic this morning: fractures set in long leg cast.
Annette T    10:15am Oct 24 2019

That's pretty much where my breaks are too. And yes this have been a terrible situation for me. I am really scared about the surgery - but it's my only real option at this point and if it gets me back on my feet than I'll have to get through it. Plus eventually if the metal needs to be removed after the bones are healing it can be. But my first goal is surgery and then healing.

Yes there are a couple of people on this site that healed with casting and not resorting to surgery. Avoiding surgery is definitely the way to go but it you don't see any signs of significant healing in the next couple of weeks I would definitely speak to your doctor. My first doctor never took my concerns very seriously. I have two kids and a full time job and need my life back. I need to walk again and drive again. Being immobile is not easy, but it sounds like you have lots of time on your hands so hopefully you can be extremely patience with this process.

I am also having the same thoughts, hope to be "walking" by spring and driving again.
Good luck

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Appointment at fracture clinic this morning: fractures set in long leg cast.  new
Stephen T  7:05am Oct 24 2019
 Re: Appointment at fracture clinic this morning: fractures set in long leg cast.  new
Annette T  8:45am Oct 24 2019
 Re: Appointment at fracture clinic this morning: fractures set in long leg cast.  new
Stephen T  9:58am Oct 24 2019
Annette T  10:15am Oct 24 2019
Embonious  4:38am Oct 25 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2019