Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Struggles: split cast and now a new full leg cast.
Stephen T    10:54am Oct 31 2019

Hi - itís been a difficult week since I have last posted on this site.
So basically last weekend my leg started to hurt like hell and was swollen inside the cast I had had put on last week. I went to Accident and Emergency at the hospital on Saturday morning and they cut my cast down the side and then bandaged it together and so left a gap down the inside and outside for my leg to swell in if it needed to...if you understand me?
I returned to fracture clinic today and saw the doctor. Basically the bones had moved out of place inside the split cast and so they have had to manoeuvre them back into place after giving me a sedative into my arm.
Iím now back in a full leg total cast.
This one is made purely from white plaster of Paris and itís from my toes up to my hip/crotch/groin/bum.
Itís way more heavy than my other one - they explained that they want me to rest and keep it elevated for the next 2 weeks and I think the weight of the cast is meant to act as a deterrent to me using my crutches. I now have wheelchair for going further than the bathroom!
Iím also banned from showering in this cast - if the plaster gets wet itíll break down.
Iím sat with the cast elevated on pillows and a towel underneath as its seeping water from the top end
Itís the worst feeling - my leg is damp and cold and also aching from where they manoeuvred the bones into place with the promise of more pain to come.
I go back to fracture clinic in a week to have an X-ray and pray that the bones are ok as I donít want to have to go through this again.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Struggles: split cast and now a new full leg cast.  new
Stephen T  10:54am Oct 31 2019
 Re: Struggles: split cast and now a new full leg cast.  new
AW  10:39am Nov 3 2019
WB  3:17am Nov 5 2019
WB  3:17am Nov 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2019