Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Struggling
ayse    2:07am Nov 10 2019

Hi amber! I totally feel your struggle because although my healing had also been going really uneventfully, sometimes I find it really to stay patient. Last weekend I freaked out and was just so angry that this stupid senseless thing happened and now it is taking forever to get back to normal. I cursed and cursed saying why the $&@) I should be grateful for such small things as being allowed to put partial weight in a boot, when everyone else on the street is walking around as if it is no big deal at all! comically the next day out of the blue i badly cut my finger with a butter knife (!!!) and ended up with a stitch! So looks like there is after all someone up there :) but I totally understand the difficulty of being appreciative of a normal healing because it is sooooo slowwww! Now I am 10 weeks postinjury. Since 5 days I am cleared for walking freely. I am very slow and deliberate in my steps and it hurts quite a bit. But I am wolfing on if at least do that feels good. My doc said I would probably walk with no limp by next week although he did not say painlessly. I feel I could be painless and more confident by week 12 or so.. but mine was a no-op case and only the fibula broke. So give yourself time, curse if you need it but then watch out for butterknifes :)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Struggling  new
Amber S  11:23am Nov 9 2019
 Re: Struggling  new
missolmoreno  2:41pm Nov 9 2019
Marina  8:57pm Nov 9 2019
Embonious  12:42am Nov 10 2019
ayse  2:07am Nov 10 2019
Genez  10:13am Nov 10 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
5 December 2019