Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: good IM removal resource
Jim    12:41pm Nov 28 2019

When I broke my leg(2001) my doctor told me he would remove the hardware in one to two years. So after 2 years it was all removed which turned out to be a good thing because in 2005 I had another accident and re-broke my leg. I had IM nails in my femur and tib the first go round and in my tib the second time. If I had kept the hardware in hard telling how bad things would have been.
His reasoning for removal was based on the idea that if left in too long the bone could fuse to it. Making future removal if needed a major surgery or like in my case a second accident would have been way worse if the hardware was still in. I had associated pain with my hardware so I was more then happy to get it removed. Now I have a nice collection to freak out my friends and co-workers with. LOL I would recommend removal to anyone.
Jim
https://flic.kr/p/aktxsh

1st. accident-broken right Femur, tib,fib/ nails in Femur and Tib 2001 hardware removed 2003
2nd. accident-broken right tib and fib./nail in Tib 2005
Hardware removed 3/06

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

good IM removal resource  new
Embonious  1:24pm Nov 26 2019
 Re: good IM removal resource  new
missolmoreno  5:50pm Nov 26 2019
Marina  6:27pm Nov 26 2019
Jim  12:41pm Nov 28 2019
Marina  11:22pm Nov 29 2019
Jim  8:57am Dec 4 2019
Marina  3:18pm Dec 4 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
5 December 2019