Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

4 week post op
Annette T    7:47am Dec 20 2019

Hello everyone,

I had my 4 week post op appointment this week. The cast came off, took xrays and the staples and stitches were removed. That was incredibly painful...I think my skin was starting to heal over them and I cried like a baby. It was just horrible but I got through it since I know all of these little steps are part of the recovery process. I honestly wasted 5 months of my life with the first doctor deciding not to do anything to help me. It's like my surgery date is the date of my injury and it really makes me mad.

Anyway... xrays looked good according to the doctor. He said that my bone is really weak from months of non walking on it. So my progress is going to be delayed because of that. Unfortunately he put me back into a cast for another 4 weeks (not happy about this at all) and if xrays still look good at my next appointment I will able to start weight bearing. Praying for good news at my next appointment and hope to keep moving forward.

The doctor said I could begin to use my knee scooter again, but I have an incision on my knee and it's still pretty swollen and sensitive. Its healing but it's still scabby. And most importantly I can't bend my knee enough to be able to use it. So I need to start some exercises at home to get my knee bending. It's going to be so painful though...

Hope everyone is hanging in there and seems like most are healed and back to living life normally. Hopefully that will be me soon.

Merry Christmas,
Annette

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

4 week post op  new
Annette T  7:47am Dec 20 2019
 Re: 4 week post op  new
Dinesh Kumar  9:43am Dec 20 2019
Annette T  10:36am Dec 20 2019
Marina  12:37am Dec 22 2019
Annette T  1:15pm Dec 23 2019
Annette T  7:36am Dec 27 2019
Marina  1:52am Dec 31 2019
Annette T  8:42am Dec 31 2019
Marina  2:48pm Jan 1 2020
Annette T  8:01am Jan 2 2020
missolmoreno  1:32pm Dec 22 2019
Annette T  1:17pm Dec 23 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020