Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Fracture clinic today:
Stephen T    2:53pm Jan 15 2020

I’m 12 weeks now post-breaks (tibia and fibula) and I had another fracture clinic appointment today. To say this recovery process has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions is an understatement!
I had the usual X-ray and then consult with the doctor: there is at last some small signs of bone growth - minimal but it’s slowly staring to grow and I’ll take that right now.
He asked me “how are you getting along with the cast?”. I told him I wasn’t and was absolutely fed up of it - unfortunately the bone growth is “nowhere close to be able to get you into a shorter cast” or words to that effect and so he signed my plaster room form form me to get another full leg cast: the plaster one was loose.
On the upside I have a fibreglass one - and to cheer me up at the thought of spending 6 more weeks in it they gave me the colour of my favourite football team, light blue.
It’s lighter than the plaster one but still uncomfortable- if anyone thinks these casts are comfortable they aren’t. At all!
6 weeks in it then a cast that stops at my knee but will be moulded to it to allow some movement- can’t wait!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic today:  new
Stephen T  2:53pm Jan 15 2020
 Re: Fracture clinic today:  new
WB  3:32am Jan 16 2020
Annette T  12:27pm Jan 18 2020
WB  11:21am Jan 27 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
5 April 2020