Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

8 week Appointment
Annette T    12:14pm Jan 18 2020

Well after 7 incredibly long months...at my doctors appointment on Monday I was finally given the go ahead to begin "walking"! Couldn't believe my ears honestly. I am only partial weight bearing. 25% each week for 4 weeks and by my next appointment I should be able to walk unaided into the doctor office - this is of course according to the doctor. I have my reservations...but I am really walking with the crutches as much as possible. My knee and leg feel really good considering everything they've been through. But my foot is angry with me. Every part of my foot hurts and is so tender. I keep reminding myself it hasn't been used in 7 months so I know it's going to hurt. But I also want to keep moving forward to this new normal.

I will start formal physical therapy after my next appointment in about a month. I'm sure the pain will really start then! I am in a boot but only need to wear it for walking. It has about 9 million velcro straps so I tend to leave it on at work because I want to walk as much as possible. But at night I take it off and massage my foot and do leg raises and stuff. My ankle is very stiff but I keep trying to move that as well. I haven't used the bands yet...maybe I will start that this week. I guess I'm hesitant to do too much and have set backs.

Maybe I'll really be walking by spring? I really hope so.

Annette

Injury 6/15/19
Spiral fracture of tibia and fibula
15 longs weeks of casting and xrays
Got second opinion
Surgery 11/14/19
IM Nail - 6 screws (tibia)
Plate and 6 screws (fibula)
1/13/20 25% PWB

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

8 week Appointment  new
Annette T  12:14pm Jan 18 2020
 Re: 8 week Appointment  new
Marina  10:22pm Jan 19 2020
Annette T  4:49pm Jan 20 2020
Marina  9:45pm Jan 20 2020
Annette T  6:30am Jan 21 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
5 April 2020