Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Today’s been bad: long cast struggles and pain.
Marina    6:51pm Jan 25 2020

I’ve had two broken legs, and tore all the ligaments in both feet and ankles, and have had to wear giant braces up to the groin area as well. My best advice is you can never have too many pillows, put pillows everywhere under the leg, on the side of your leg, under your pelvis, make your bed look like a pillow fort! Find the pillow formation that works for you, each injury and a persons pain tolerance is different.

As for pain, I have a high pain tolerance so I only took pain pills the first two days, after than I switched to only at night to help me sleep. But just because of how uncomfortable the cast is it will make it hard to sleep the first few weeks. You can’t really do anything about that, other than get a good nap in here and their. However, the cast will start to loosen and get a bit more comfortable with time.

Spend a lot of time reading, watching tv, anything to pass the time. Make sure to ask friends and family to visit, that is the easiest and least painful way to kill time. :)

Hope you feel better, know that this is only temporary and you will get better. Try not to sink into depression, just keep saying this is short term not the rest of your life!

5/13/2017 = Right Tibia and Fibula Plateau Fractures
6/7/2017 = Surgery to Insert Metal Plate and Screws
3/15/2019 = Left Tibia and Fibula Comminuted Fractures
3/18/2019 = Surgery to Insert IM Rod and Nails
9/4/2019 = Surgery to remove Nails

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Today’s been bad: long cast struggles and pain.  new
Davie J  10:51am Jan 24 2020
 Re: Today’s been bad: long cast struggles and pain.  new
Annette T  2:10pm Jan 24 2020
WB  8:46pm Jan 24 2020
Marina  6:51pm Jan 25 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 February 2020