Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

A better day re pain but the long cast is a nightmare
Davie J    7:48am Jan 29 2020

Yesterday and today have been good days in terms of my pain levels and I think that the medication is helping a lot with this. I take it regularly and this I have discovered is the trick with it.
The long cast they have had to put my leg in is an altogether different matter, itís a bloody nightmare. There are several issues I have with it - the most pressing one is itís size. The nurses who put it on me started the plaster at the bottom of my toes and took it over my knee and into my crotch. I called the plaster room earlier and asked if they could cut it down a little but unfortunately the nurse i spoke to said this couldnít be done due to my injuries of ruptured hamstring tendon and the fracture to my femur.
Iíve propped it up with a lot of pillows all around it but itís still the most uncomfortable thing Iíve experienced: I had a cast to my knee when I broke my fibula a few years ago and that was bearable but this is very different, as the plaster goes so high i challenge anyone to figure a way to get comfortable in it.
I havenít mentioned using crutches or getting dressed or even manoeuvring my leg and plaster into any sort of reasonably good position yet, itís impossible.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

A better day re pain but the long cast is a nightmare  new
Davie J  7:48am Jan 29 2020
 Re: A better day re pain but the long cast is a nightmare  new
Annette T  10:20am Jan 29 2020
Davie J  12:03pm Jan 29 2020
Annette T  1:18pm Jan 29 2020
WB  12:30pm Jan 29 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 February 2020