Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Single parent with broken leg. Stressing
Milo    11:12am Mar 1 2020

Hey everyone I'm a 26 year old single dad in the UK to two girls (aged 2 and 4). As you can probably guess from me being here Iíve broken my leg! 6 days ago now I was running late for work and stupidly ran out across the road without looking and was suddenly hit by a Land Rover. I was in agony the moment it happened and I knew immediately Iíd broken my leg. I was an idiot and Iím really angry with myself for letting it happen. Long story short the doctors say Iíve broken my tibia and fibula. Of course my luck didnít end there, because I broke my wrist at the same time too. I wish I was making this up.

Iím currently still in hospital and going a little bit crazy from the stress right now. At the moment the girls are staying with my parents while Iím here, but long term Iím going to have them back with me. Iím really worried about how Iím going to cope with all of this and even if I can go back to out place to live. I currently rent a flat on the second floor and I donít even know if it is going to be possible to me to get up the stairs right now! On top of all this I work a zero hours contract job and Iím beyond stressed about finances, as money was already fairly tight. Iím still coming to terms with my accident and injuries and hardly had a moment to start thinking about what I can do for financial support.

Sorry if this is a big message with a lot of take in. Iím feeling totally overwhelmed with everything right now and I donít even know where to start. Any help or hints from people who have been through this in any way would be massively appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance. Milo.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Single parent with broken leg. Stressing  new
Milo  11:12am Mar 1 2020
 Re: Single parent with broken leg. Stressing  new
Jonathan B  1:41am Mar 2 2020
Milo  5:45am Mar 2 2020
Jonathan B  5:54am Mar 2 2020
Milo  6:29am Mar 2 2020
KimfromMaine  7:36pm Mar 3 2020
Davie J  8:54am Mar 25 2020
Milo  7:39am Mar 30 2020
KimfromMaine  12:43pm Mar 4 2020
Milo  12:45pm Mar 5 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
4 April 2020