Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Hi again after what has been some time!
Davie J    8:28am Mar 23 2020

Hi all - Iíve not posted in a while as I lost my login details and couldnít Masbate to retrieve them after changing iPhones but I hope thatís been resolved now!
Anyhow - I had an operation in early February to repair the ruptured hamstring tendon and also put metal work in to fix the avulsion fractures that i suffered at the same time.
Recovery is painfully slow: there is no bone growth at the femur site yet.
Iím in a cast and have been since the operation from the base of my toes to my hip: they have set the cast as high up my leg as itís possible to go to stop my leg twisting inside the cast and disturbing the repair they have done to the tendon or femur.
I had the latest cast applied last week and my partner was told by the surgeon that Iím likely to be in a cast for about another 4 months as the femur is the biggest of the weight bearing bones and where I have the fractures takes a lot of the weight and strain near to my knee plus the issue that there is no bone growth as yet.
The cast is a huge inconvenience and uncomfortable as itís extended so high up my leg but in light of the pandemic in the world right now I canít complain too much.
Iíd love to hear from you either on here or via email at
davida.jefferson@outlook.com
Happy healing to you all

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Hi again after what has been some time!  new
Davie J  8:28am Mar 23 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
7 April 2020