Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead
Davie J    7:24am Mar 25 2020

I had my accident two months ago and Iím still nowhere close to being healed.
I ruptured the hamstring tendon and this then caused an avulsion fracture to my femur, pulling some bone away and also splitting the femur at the end closest to my knee, and itís a bad injury. The hamstring is a huge muscle and mine are strong as in play sport hence the amount of femur bone is caused to pull apart was significant.
I have had the tendon repaired and metal work inserted (nails and a rod to keep the bone in position), and am in a cast as mentioned from my toes to my hip.
I have more weeks ahead of me in a cast as the bone is slow to heal so far and takes a lot of my body weight when I would be walking on it as normal: I may possibly get a cast that has a hinge at the knee to allow me to begin moving it but the hamstring tendon has to be fully healed first, and it also did not rupture in a simple manner so the surgeon has told me and my partner.
Itís all very frustrating.
Needing to be in a full leg cast is possibly the most uncomfortable thing I could have imagined at the start of this saga, and mine has been extended to the top of my leg to make certain that there is no twisting of the femur inside it, and itís ridiculously difficult to have to be in.
Its hard right now to see the end of this healing process.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead  new
Davie J  7:24am Mar 25 2020
 Re: 2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead  new
Megan_K  12:19pm Mar 26 2020
 Re: 2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead  new
Davie J  6:25am Mar 27 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
7 April 2020