Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead
Megan_K    12:19pm Mar 26 2020

Hi Davie,
The bone healing process is painstakingly slow. I cannot imagine the discomfort of being in a cast to the hip. This process of proper healing is paramount to how you recover. Since you have no choice but to rest, it sounds like you need some things to keep your hands and mind occupied!
Do you enjoy crafts? Maybe learn a new skill like knitting, cross-stitch, calligraphy/lettering. There are even you tube videos of how to draw. If you are tired of TV, I found a number of podcasts that kept me entertained and I can share my favorites if you are interested.
I also found that Khan academy offers a number of free courses. I especially recommend the history courses.
I'm sure it is hard to see any bright spots during these days of waiting. Have you heard the saying "Its like watching paint dry??".
You will heal. REST! Eat as healthy as possible. Right now you are prepping for the very hard work that will happen when the cast comes off and you walk again.
Take care,
Megan

Megan Kelly
tib/fib fracture with spiral into posterior ankle malleolus-12/31/2019
IM nail, plate and 7 screws-1/1/2020
Cam walker boot-2/18/2020
out of boot,ankle brace-3/19/2020

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead  new
Davie J  7:24am Mar 25 2020
 Re: 2 months in, no healing and weeks in a full leg cast ahead still ahead  new
Megan_K  12:19pm Mar 26 2020
Davie J  6:25am Mar 27 2020
Kathy  4:55am Apr 17 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020