Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Mental Struggles at Home
SMM    10:06am Apr 19 2020

Hi JG,

I am so sorry to hear about your injuries. I'm more than few years past my most recent break, and first broke the leg decades ago. So much of what you say sounds familiar... especially your observations about loss of control. I think those feelings are the most likely contributors to the depression that sometimes comes with the injury. I rememeber many people raising this issue here; I think someone called it 'situational depression' or 'broken leg depression'. I also had an emotional response, but I trended into rage/anger. All seems to pass as healing advances (unless the emotional issues are established before the injury and have been diagnosed).

OK to ask a few questions? I am hoping no one is minimizing your injuries. They are serious, and hopefully no one is telling you that you should be attending family nights? I think coercion would be abuse. And does your fiance spend most of the time at home? Could the perception of 'caregiver' be contributing to the situation? Is the feeling of loss of control impacting the relationship, and are you somehow maybe communicating this (does not necessarily mean verbalizing this)?

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Mental Struggles at Home  new
JG in Idaho  5:10pm Apr 18 2020
 Re: Mental Struggles at Home  new
SMM  10:06am Apr 19 2020
JG in Idaho  3:01pm Apr 25 2020
SMM  10:02pm Apr 25 2020
Nicola Stan  8:33am Apr 27 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020