Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

In need of advice!
Milo    11:23am Apr 26 2020

Hi all. I posted here about 6 weeks ago now when I first broke my leg. Itís been quite a journey with a lot of ups and downs but Iím in need of a bit of urgent advice here! In the last 36 hours Iíve been having some really bad spasms and cramps down my injured leg (which is still in a cast I should add). On top of that Iíve been feeling generally not very well and Iím actually running a bit of a fever.

I called up 111 (which in the UK is the non-emergency number). They said I should really try and come into hospital to get checked out. Because of the Covid-19 situation here Iíve actually not had a lot of contact with my doctor since I was discharged, which I totally understand given the crazy situation we are in. The nurse I spoke to on the phone said it was probably nothing and I was just under the weather but I should come in to be ďbetter safe than sorryĒ. However Iím just wondering if I should really go into the hospital? Firstly, I donít want to put pressure on the system during this difficult time for a non-emergency. Secondly, as I wrote here before Iím a single dad with two young daughters. I really donít want to take them into hospital with me but at the same time I donít think I could ask any family to come over and look after them as we are all on lockdown here in the UK.

Any thought of advice? Iím feeling a bit all over the place with this and would appreciate some thoughts. Are the cramps a normal thing when youíre in a cast like this?

Thanks. Milo.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

In need of advice!  new
Milo  11:23am Apr 26 2020
 Re: In need of advice!  new
Nicola Stan  9:47am Apr 27 2020
 Re: In need of advice!  new
SMM  9:49am Apr 27 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020