Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Back to running, military requirements, please help!
John Pappa    7:31pm May 1 2020

Hello everyone I broke my tib/fib in the first week of September 2019 in a motorcycle wreck, got hit by a pickup truck. I had a tibial nail and 4 screws inserted, everything healed well no issues and started walking after 6 weeks. I got back to jogging poorly around January/February around 6 mo post surgery. I'll be 8 mo out this week and still can't jog so well for more than 2 min without getting knee or ankle pain or fatigue and losing my form.

I'm in the military and need to get back to running distance and sprinting to perform my duties in the next 2-3 mo to avoid being med boarded. Physical therapy provided was limited and not supervised by a professional physical therapist. I feel things are moving too slow. I was released to do my own running program 2 weeks ago.

How long was it before you returned to being able to run distance or run fast?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Back to running, military requirements, please help!  new
John Pappa  7:31pm May 1 2020
 Re: Back to running, military requirements, please help!  new
SMM  1:26pm May 2 2020
Megan_K  1:46pm May 2 2020
Marina  9:47pm May 4 2020
missolmoreno  10:01am May 23 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020