Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Back to running, military requirements, please help!
SMM    1:26pm May 2 2020

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your accident, but good to hear about the recovery. Did your dr. mention any specific timeline for a full return to physical activity? I know in my case with my first major break (a long time ago), I was told at least a year before any return to full activity. I rushed things and tried sprinting at about 8-9 months and had a setback. So I didn't really get to jogging until around 14 months. Everyone's break is different, so it may be hard to know an exact timeline, but I suspect with major injury about a year may be a rough, good guide. In my case there was no surgery, so that may be a factor. I do know that around 8-9 months, there was still a lot of pain and fatigue and even walking distance would cause me to 'drag' or 'carry' the leg. I don't know if you've experienced that. I would think discomfort--perhaps soft tissue issues or bone remodeling, for example--will be a factor for maybe another few months. I think the key in early stages is to focus on strength training and making sure that gait is not a problem; a bad or poor gait may cause issues.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Back to running, military requirements, please help!  new
John Pappa  7:31pm May 1 2020
 Re: Back to running, military requirements, please help!  new
SMM  1:26pm May 2 2020
Megan_K  1:46pm May 2 2020
Marina  9:47pm May 4 2020
missolmoreno  10:01am May 23 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020