Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Back to running, military requirements, please help!
Megan_K    1:46pm May 2 2020

Hi John,
I also had a tib-fib fracture earlier this year. I also have a IM nail, a plate and some screws. I was just given the all clear on Thursday to "try to run" so I am following your post, curious what I can expect down the road. I have also experienced some ongoing knee and ankle pains; when I saw the doctor he said this was common and was typically related to the patellar and anterior tibial tendons having tightness and adhesions. He suggested continued stretching and said that over time, closer to one year, these adhesions "dissolve". Apparently everything is a little "sticky" in there after such a big surgery. In my case, I can actually feel how tight the patellar tendon is; it snaps and cracks a lot as I try to do things like lunges. I notice it is getting a little better every day. If you have access to an "assault runner" (motorless treadmill), this may also help. I find that it forces me to have better form, even for walking.
Megan

Megan Kelly
tib/fib fracture with spiral into posterior ankle malleolus-12/31/2019
IM nail, plate and 7 screws-1/1/2020
Cam walker boot-2/18/2020
out of boot,ankle brace-3/19/2020

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Back to running, military requirements, please help!  new
John Pappa  7:31pm May 1 2020
 Re: Back to running, military requirements, please help!  new
SMM  1:26pm May 2 2020
Megan_K  1:46pm May 2 2020
Marina  9:47pm May 4 2020
missolmoreno  10:01am May 23 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020