Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Been a while, desperate for help after recovery
Marina    9:40pm May 4 2020

Wow! We could be twins! I broke my right leg May 2017, and then in March 2019 I broke my left leg. Both were tibia and fibula fractures. The first was a tibial plateau fracture that needed a plate and multiple screws installed. The second fracture was an open comminuted fracture that needed an IM Rod and nails.

My first fracture healed fine and although the hardware was bugging me I was still able to do a lot of things. But the more recent fracture, is the fracture from HELL! Itís been over a year, and after two surgeries the bone is still not healed (and yes I am STILL in PT), plus it has a bone infection, and causes me pain constantly when I walk. I am hoping that in June or July I can have surgery to remove the rod and nails, that will allow the doctor to get rid of the bone infection and do a bone graft if necessary. From their I hope the pain dissipates. Because at this point in order to walk anywhere without pain I am going to need an electric scooter! O_o

5/13/2017 = Right Tibia and Fibula Plateau Fractures
6/7/2017 = Surgery to Insert Metal Plate and Screws
3/15/2019 = Left Tibia and Fibula Comminuted Fractures
3/18/2019 = Surgery to Insert IM Rod and Nails
9/4/2019 = Surgery to remove Nails

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Been a while, desperate for help after recovery  new
MaKayla  8:16pm May 4 2020
 Re: Been a while, desperate for help after recovery  new
Marina  9:40pm May 4 2020

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 May 2020