Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Aircast woes
Nikki Blake    6:24pm Oct 13 2016

Thank you Bethany, I would much rather be in a proper cast. The boot is heavy and doesn't properly immobilise my foot and ankle so it just increases the pain, I really can't move about much in it. It's ok all the while its propped up on pillows and still but otherwise it doesn't immobilise it. I have told the hospital but they said I have to keep it. I am going to try and pad the sore areas tomorrow to see if it helps.
I can't believe you having both legs cast, you poor thing! It must be awful. Bethany Pharr wrote:
>
> I bet those sore spots are swelling against the air cast.
> Can you take some of the air out and see if that helps? I
> have similar pressure places on my legs but the only thing I
> can really do is elevate them :(. I think a cast would be
> more comfortable, especially after the swelling goes down. I
> wish I could give you one of mine! ;) I hope you feel better
> soon!
>
> 10 Oct2016 fx 3rd and 4th metatarsals, fx fib. Aircast, 21 Nov 2016: back to hospital following a fall. Fx fib still. Spiral fx tib. LLC 25 Nov realign fx tib/fib re fx 3&4 metatarsal

10 Oct2016 fx 3rd and 4th metatarsals, fx fib. Aircast, 21 Nov 2016: back to hospital following a fall. Fx fib still. Spiral fx tib. LLC 25 Nov realign fx tib/fib re fx 3&4 metatarsal

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Aircast woes  new
Nikki Blake  2:05am Oct 13 2016
 Re: Aircast woes  new
Bethany Pharr  6:14pm Oct 13 2016
Nikki Blake  6:24pm Oct 13 2016
Bethany Pharr  6:44pm Oct 13 2016
Kiwi Tony  7:00pm Oct 13 2016
Nikki Blake  7:31pm Oct 13 2016
lynnheff  10:44pm Oct 17 2016

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 March 2017