Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Broken pin removal
Disey    2:22pm Mar 20 2017

Hi all, I was so comforted to know I wasn't alone 2yrs ago when I spent 2 months on the sofa after breaking my Tib and Fib, watching back to back Netflix and thinking I would never heal. Well, it has been a long Road and about a year ago my leg started to lock and click and hurt more..so I asked to be referred back to my surgeon (UK NHS) only to find the pin had snapped!
Apparently this is very common, but I was told they would only recommend this to an 18y/o athlete who would be at a high risk of pin breakage. Well, I was a 41 y/o woman at the time (still a woman, just older;-))
Anyway, my question to you, dear people, is how long will it take for me to:
Walk
Drive
Work (in a job where I stand and carry heavy things)
Lose the crutches

I've been told they will make incisions both sides, take out the pin head-end, then knock the other bit through and out the other side - there is a minimal risk of re-breakage, but I'm so fed up of not being able to move properly, it's worth the risk.. and lack of exercise has gained me 2 stone in weight.. eek!
Any experiences of this would be great to hear about. We will all get better my friends, I know it's sometimes hard to believe😘✨

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken pin removal  new
Disey  2:22pm Mar 20 2017
 Re: Broken pin removal  new
Lucy D  1:54am May 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 November 2017