Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

TENS/EMS Machine Use
Cathy H.    1:53pm Apr 4 2017

Hi Everyone! My first post. I am on week three after breaking my leg (tibia plateau fracture). Like many, if not all of you, I am going through the broken bone blues. I have been researching anything and everything I can find on how I can be proactive in making my recovery as positive as possible. I believe meditation and deep breathing has helped me immensely with pain and just coping with the abrupt change in life. One thing I have come across that I am going to try to help with keeping my circulation going well and hopefully keep some of my muscle tone from being lost is a TENS/EMS machine. I know that in physio this is a common machine used and through the threads I have read so far here, I have not read that anyone here has attempted this on their own at home and during the initial phase of NWB. Any thoughts out there? If you have done this, any advice? From what I can read everyone should have a TENS/EMS machine to help with pain relief too.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

TENS/EMS Machine Use  new
Cathy H.  1:53pm Apr 4 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
29 April 2017