Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broke ankle
Adam Trevena    12:36pm Nov 9 2017

Hello Shannon, your story is horrific I hope you are staying positive. Your leg will recover in time you must not forget that. I fractured my Calcaneus (Heel Bone) 3 weeks ago while Mountain Biking, I to had never broken anything and have always been an active get up and go type of person. The pain has been horrible, but I have avoided surgery. Although I am struggling to come to terms with the fact I may be on crutches for another 9 weeks and my mood and outlook changes from minute to minute Iím trying to stay positive.

Although frustration is my main concern at the moment I also have the nagging thought at the back of my mind, what are the long term ramifications of the injury and what if my foot is never the same again? The way I look at the situation is whatís done is done I canít change that, but I can determine how I recover by eating the correct food types and doing exactly what the experts advise. Staying positive is important as well.

I am also scared depressed and feeling sorry for myself they are natural feelings after such a difficult injury, donít feel guilty for feeling like that. All the best and hope you post an update on your recovery. Adam.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broke ankle  new
shannon holland  9:59am Nov 7 2017
 Re: Broke ankle  new
Adam Trevena  12:36pm Nov 9 2017
 Re: Broke ankle  new
shannon holland  2:59am Nov 13 2017

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 November 2017