Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fractured ankle
Lauren Mikles    7:22pm Feb 9 2018

You have to stop worrying. Whenever pain or sadness crosses your mind, speak out loud the things you want your life to be. For instance, ďI have an awesome life! I am thankful that I am healing! I am thankful for the opportunity to be strong! I love myself! I am an awesome person!Ē When you speak out loud, you break whatever thought process you were in the middle of obsessing over.

I make it a point to only listen to positive music, because music can easily throw me into a negative mood. I like to listen to Christian music, because I canít take all of those sad breakup songs or demeaning rap. I mean I like that music, but my mind and heart canít take that.... ESPECIALLY in the morning.

Go to a counselor. If you canít afford one, your county or city should have a free counseling program. If you canít leave due to your injury, there is counseling over the phone. Donít let it get out of control.

The is a LLLLLOOONNG healing process. You have to stay strong for a long time. I just got out of my depression, seven months after the accident. I was depressed before though. Also, the pain medications gave me anxiety, and Iíve never had actual anxiety before. Youíd be surprised how much Tylenol can help, and that keeps you level headed.

And I pray. Honestly my depression going away is all Godís grace! Good luck!

07/12/17: Spiral tib/fib fracture playing soccer in Palestine on mission trip
07/13/17: Surgery for IM nail @ Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem (Israel)
July 18, 2017: Home (Georgia)
December 19, 2017: Screw removal surgery

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fractured ankle  new
shaye  4:05pm Jan 27 2018
 Re: Fractured ankle  new
Lauren Mikles  7:22pm Feb 9 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 February 2018