Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken Tibula and Fibula
Lauren Mikles    5:56pm Mar 20 2018

Do you live alone? I had people drive me places. We just used a wheelchair and crutches. I went to church the day after I got back from Israel. I went to the grocery store, shopping, church service, Bible study, Bluegrass concerts (my parents are super cool), restaurants, dates, etc.

When I was at home I loved to take baths with momís help. It took a long time to bathe, but that was the fun part. I was doing SOMETHING that occupied my mind and my time for extended periods of time. It was frustrating, but felt good.

I played slot machines on my phone. Was too tired to play difficult games. I stayed on the phone. Itís amazing how many people you realize you havenít talked to in awhile. Catching up will fulfill your spirit. I also got rides to work.

And if you canít do any of the things Iíve listed above, even getting up to the bathroom can give you relief and a boost of energy. Make a meal. The difficult of it and length of time it takes will keep you busy. God bless. I pray you have an easier recovery from here on out!

07/12/17: Spiral tib/fib fracture playing soccer in Palestine on mission trip
07/13/17: Surgery for IM nail @ Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem (Israel)
July 18, 2017: Home (Georgia)
December 19, 2017: Screw removal surgery

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Tibula and Fibula  new
Noreen Pruden  11:25am Mar 16 2018
 Re: Broken Tibula and Fibula  new
Lauren Mikles  5:56pm Mar 20 2018
 Re: Broken Tibula and Fibula  new
Brad B  4:15pm Apr 14 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 June 2018