Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Advice/ support please .
Delia Silver    7:24am Apr 15 2018

I live in the Uk and fell over in Zurich on the 1st April ( wish it was an April Fool). The care in Zuich was amazing shocking at my local hospital. Anyway I have broken my Tibia and ruptured/torn two ligaments and have a metal plate and many screws in my left leg. I have never ever felt so low I presume this is normal ? I have never suffered with anxiety before however I feel so anxious and that I am going to fall again .
In Zurich i was given a VACOped boot and I was told I can weight bare 10-15kg max on my injured leg. At my local hospital n Thursday they said I should not weight bare and I should be in a cast . I saw someone yesterday for a sceond opinion and they agreed with the Swiss Dr . I am sure like many of you the not being able to shower ( although I can slightly walk with my crutches about 10/15 steps) any further its a wheelchair. I cant get into the shower as the step is too high. Any advice or tips for how to stay sane would be greatly appreciated . I have been told one of the big screws will be removed in about 6 weeks and the rest of the metal stays in and 8-12 weeks till walking ? Thank you for reading my long post and empathy in abundance to people on this site .

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Advice/ support please .  new
Delia Silver  7:24am Apr 15 2018
 Re: Advice/ support please .  new
EdHesson  6:25pm Apr 25 2018
 Re: Advice/ support please .  new
Carmen Barfield  10:14am May 7 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 June 2018