Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Non union of Fib after Tib IM Nail.
Josh P (1.128.109.---)   8:03am Jul 7 2019

Hi there, I broke tib and fib (Sept 2018) after football collision. X-Rays found Non displaced tib fracture and oblique displaced fib fracture. Although tib not displaced, had to set/straighten tib and half cast for around 10 days until swelling went reduced. Had surgery day 11, Tibial IM nail procedure and told fib bone would be left to heal on its own. Had Follow up X-rays Oct, Nov and Dec which showed some bone tissue forming, but still no union. Just had another X-ray now in July which has shown complete non union of fib and further separation between break. Ortho has now suggested an Ostectomy of the fibula bone and remove several cm's so that breaks will not touch and cause current pain. I have read this is a common practice, though I thought that plates and screws being fixed to break would have been a better option?
Can anyone tell me if they have been in a similar situation??
Cheers, Josh.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Non union of Fib after Tib IM Nail.  new
Josh P  8:03am Jul 7 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 September 2019