Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Pain after walking broken ankle
ayse    9:01am Oct 19 2019

Hey there! Sorry for your injury! I also have a broken fibula, no operation, no displacement like yours. After 5 weeks in a cast I got a walking boot. In that boot I put about 15 kg of weight on my leg following docs advise. I had no pain no swelling nothing. Then last week he told me to go up to 35 kg and then increase by 5 every 2 days. On Thursday with the excitement of it all I took a longish "walk" if it can be called that and next day I had all kinds of weird pains both overall but also around the fracture site as far as I could guess it. I was rather worried. Trying to figure out where the pain was really coming from etc. that whole day I took it easy. That was yesterday. Today the pains are gone. I feel fine and quite relieved. I think they were mainly the muscles which I worked too much. Also I had no pain while walking on it but rather afterwRds when I was resting.. I suppose if it were the broken bone it should hurt most when I actually put weight. Anyways I think it is normal to worry but the doc would also not tell you to walk on it were it not safe. I hope this relieves you a bit. I personally decided to put the weight the doc told me with no fear but not take half hour walks in this fashion in order to avoid future worrisome days.
Aysr

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Pain after walking broken ankle  new
Hudud  8:16am Oct 19 2019
 Re: Pain after walking broken ankle  new
ayse  9:01am Oct 19 2019
 Re: Pain after walking broken ankle  new
Hudud  8:23am Oct 21 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 November 2019